Tuesday, April 12, 2011

BMI??? You're too fat!

Hey So the other day I participated in a health fair. I was tabling with the nutrition club. I had to help people measure their BMI using a special machine. The BMI is called Body Mass Index. The Body Mass Index is a measurement of your body fat based on your height and weight. This sounds like a good system. But it seems like when the BMI is used for athletes or muscular persons it tells them that they are overweight. I am not a fan of the BMI. I think it has WAY too many discrepancies to be used so solidly. Whats the point of having a tool for the general public when their are so many "hidden exceptions." A better system needs to replace the BMI. 
 What Do You Think???

YumNutrition...... Because Nutrition Can Be Yummy Too!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Marsha?

    This is Siobhan. We met at the health fair. I wanted to get in contact with you about joining the club. I left my e-mail on a paper but I haven't heard back from anyone yet.
    I like your blog! =]

    I made one as well and I was really hoping that we could kinda work together, blogwise.

    let me know what you think

    ReplyDelete